Home » Veterans Service Officer Help
*below as issued on the VFW National site
NVS consists of a nationwide network of service officers who are experts in dealing with the claims process and help thousands of veterans cut through the bureaucratic red tape every year. They are the key to success, recovering approximately $1 billion in earned benefits and compensation for veterans each year.
VFW Service Officers are trained experts, helping veterans develop their case with ease by reviewing and applying current law, pertinent legislation, regulations and medical histories. As skilled professionals, they assist in filing for disability compensation, rehabilitation and education programs, pension and death benefits, and employment and training programs. Furthermore, they won’t hesitate to request hearings before the VA and the Board of Veterans Appeals to present oral arguments when needed.
VFW Service Officers are with America’s veterans every step of the way once they’re ready to file a claim. This is a service the VFW is proud to offer–free of charge–to anyone seeking assistance with the claims process. It’s a service our veterans have earned and deserve.
VFW SERVICE OFFICER RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Offer research and advice to veterans who wish to handle their own claims.
- Assist veterans who are filing original claims for compensation and/or
pension with the Department of Veterans Affairs and complete the required
VA forms on behalf of the claimant.
- Assist veterans in reopening claims for service-connected disabilities and
complete the required VA forms.
- Follow up on status of claims filed by veterans with the VA Regional Office.
- File Notice of Disagreement with the VA Regional Office if a veteran
believes the decision made by the VA was incorrect.
- Review statements of the case from the VA regarding denials of claim and
assist veterans with the preparation of responses.
- Assist veterans or surviving spouses in the preparation of appeals for
denial of claims and file the appeals with the local VA Regional Office for forwarding to the Board
of Veterans Appeals in Washington, D.C.
- Complete VA Forms other than for original claims.
- Answer/research telephone inquiries regarding medical, death/burial and
other miscellaneous benefits.
VFW SERVICE OFFICERS BY STATE:
LEARN MORE ABOUT VFW SERVICE OFFICERS: